Support Our Coin-A-Day Challenge
From February 20th – 26th our school is participating in a grade-level coin drive called the Coin-a-Day Challenge. Each day represents a different type of coin. The grade that collects the highest overall total will receive a Creation Station/Technology party with Mrs. Vieira. Our school will use the donations to purchase books for school libraries and families in our community in need. Plus, the Scholastic Possible Fund matches every donation, up to $1 million in books, received through the program and distributes them to children in need through organizations such as Kids In Need Foundation, Reader to Reader, Inc., and the National Center for Families Learning.
Here’s the schedule:
• Penny Day is Tuesday, February 20th: Pluck all those pennies you can find!
• Nickel Day is Wednesday 21st: Search all over and ask nicely for nickels!
• Dime Day is Thursday, February 22nd: Double check the couch cushions for dimes!
• Quarter Day is Friday, February 23rd: Quickly find those quarters and bring them in!
• Any Coin Day is Monday and Tuesday, February 26-27th: Bring in any and all the coins you can. Every coin means we get to help kids get new books to read!
Thank you in advance for supporting our Coin-a-Day Challenge. It’s an easy way to provide books to children who otherwise could not afford them, gives kids access to books they want to read through classroom libraries, cultivates in children a love of reading and a love of helping others and reinforces that literacy is a priority for schools, families, and communities.